Maine School Boards Association
The mission of the Maine School Boards Association is to enhance the education of all students in Maine’s public schools by identifying and serving the needs of local school boards through board development, information and support services, and by advocating for all Maine public schools at the state and national levels.
MSBA’s purpose is to:
- Serve and represent local School Boards.
- Provide professional development to board members.
- Maintain local control of public schools.
- Advocate for the combined interests of Maine School Boards at the Legislature.
- Encourage cooperation among School Boards statewide and develop viable board regions.
- Keep boards and the public informed about the needs and accomplishments of public schools.
- Cooperate with other agencies in the state interested in improving public education.