It is time to register for the 49th Annual MSMA Fall Conference. We are very pleased with the speakers, number and content of "clinics", and new and returning exhibitors.
Registration should be made through the superintendent's office. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
We encourage student board members to attend. Please contact the superintendent's office for information on registering students.
“Embracing the Future - Together!” is the theme of this year’s Fall Conference to be held in person on Thursday and Friday, October 27 and 28, at the Augusta Civic Center. The two days being planned will be informative and inspiring. Highlights include the following:
❖ David Horsager - CEO of Trust Edge Leadership Institute, Trust Expert in Residence at High Point University, Podcaster, and The Wall Street Journal best-selling author of The Trust Edge, The Daily Edge, and Trusted Leader.
Keynote: The Trust Edge: How Top Leaders and Organizations Drive Results through Trust
Trust is a fundamental, bottom-line issue. Without it, leaders lose teams and respect, and schools lose reputation, retention of good people, and relationships. But with trust, individuals, schools, and organizations enjoy greater creativity, productivity, freedom, and results. Through David’s industry-leading research, The Trust Outlook®, and firsthand experience working with the world’s highest-performing organizations, David reveals how top leaders, schools, and organizations drive results to become the most trusted in their industry.
Session Outline & Key Takeaways:
• The Case for Trust: An overview of the Trust Edge 8-Pillar Framework™ for becoming the most successful leaders and organizations.
• Shift thinking and see current research on trust
• Understand the definition of trust and why it’s NOT a soft skill
• Learn how everything of value is built on trust
• See why a lack of trust is your biggest expense
• Clarity: Gain the VUCA, Strategy for getting absolutely clear
• Commitment: Learn the key to rebuilding trust and three questions for high-trust leaders
• Consistency: Discover how the little things done consistently make the biggest difference
❖ More than 60 clinics will be offered this year, as well as recognition of years of board service and awards of the Maine School Boards Association. Lunch entertainment will be provided by the Boothbay-Boothbay Harbor Community School District Music Department. Take time to visit over 40 vendors to see the latest products, publications, technologies, and services for use in your buildings, board meetings, classrooms, and offices. Sign up to win fabulous door prizes and be sure to attend the MSMA reception on Thursday, starting at 4:15 p.m. Winners will be announced and light refreshments will be served!
Registration for the Fall Conference should be made through the superintendent’s office.
The MSMA staff is looking forward to seeing you on October 27 and 28.